Belly fat, also known as abdominal fat, is the most stubborn fat on your entire body.
You can spend years performing endless situps and crunches with little or no results.
Those popular conventional abdominal exercises that we often count on do not burn belly fat, so stop wasting your time and energy on them – they are not effective.
To burn belly fat, you need to burn fat from your entire body.
To burn belly fat, you need to focus on full body workouts and gradually build to a higher level of intensity.
As you burn fat and reduce the layer of fat covering your body, you can then focus on toning your abs in preparation for showing off that six pack.
Here are the best exercises to get rid of belly fat fast:
Types Of Exercise
Not all exercises produce the same results. Some types of exercises are more effective than others, so choose those exercises that give you the maximum return for your effort.
Slow, but effective, cardio burns calories and the more calories you burn, the more stored fat your body metabolizes.
Walking, jogging, jumping rope swimming and spinning classes are all great calorie burners.
Conventional cardio should be your starting point to build your fitness level to the point that you can move to circuit and interval training.
Cardio plus toning. A more effective approach would be a combination of cardiovascular exercise and resistance (weight) training in one workout or two separate workouts back to back.
Circuit training is a highly effective method of combining cardio and resistance training an excels at burning fat.
Circuits involve periods of wight lifting or machines followed by periods of cardio with minimum rest time in between exercises.
Always choose a weight that is challenging yet doesn’t cause you to lose proper form. Challenging your muscles is more effective than high or fast reps with minimal weight.
HIIT is performed in short, intense bursts followed by periods of active recovery.
A simple example would be laps on a track, one lap at all out intensity followed immediately by a lap or two of jogging as recovery, then another full speed lap, and so on. HIIT is an extremely intense and effective form of exercise and not for beginners.
If you are new to exercise, start with conventional cardio for about 3 months, then circuit training for another 3 months to build up your fitness level.
Example Belly Fat Burning Exercises For Beginners
- Pilates – You can start with as little as a mat and Pilates DVD and begin toning and strengthening. Pilates works and strengthens your core and can be beneficial in replacing body fat with lean muscle. Lean muscle increases your metabolism which burns more calories and fat, 24 hours a day.
- Yoga – Yoga is more than relaxation. Yoga is low impact and offers a variety of progressive intensity levels. Hot Yoga, performed in heated rooms will speed your belly fat loss efforts.
- Walking – Brisk walking requires only a pair of comfortable shoes and 30 minutes each day. It is a good place to start if you are very new to exercise. Once you become more fit, advance to jogging to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time.
Example Belly Fat Burning Exercises For Intermediate Levels
- Weight Training – For maximum results, weight training three times a week. By building more muscle, you can burn more calories and increase your metabolism which uses more energy. You will increase fat loss and increase lean muscle that will look firm and shapely.
- Sports And Racquet Exercises – Sports that require constant movement like soccer, basketball and tennis can burn many calories. The constant twisting and turning will help develop your core and burn the belly fat as well.
- Running – One of the most common cardio exercises that people participate in, running is easy and simple to do yet can provide an intensive cardio workout that can burn lots of calories in a relatively short amount of time. You can run every morning to start your day.
- Swimming – Also a very effective cardio workout as it involves your entire body, including the large muscles groups. Swimming can burn many calories and stored fat, including belly fat.
- Kickboxing – Kickboxing is another intense workout that burns calories and belly fat. Kickboxing does require a learning curve, but once you learn, you’ll realize that the benefits you get from the workout far outweigh the time spent learning. Kickboxing can burn as many as 1000 calories per class.
- Rope Jumping – Another example of a cardio exercise that’s fairly easy learn but highly effective due to its intensity. If you can jump rope for 30 minutes with high enough intensity, then you can burn 800-1000 calories and stored fat. Rope jumping is also an excellent training tool for cardiovascular health and fitness.
- 9 Best Exercises To Lose Belly Fat Fast [That Really Work] - April 25, 2018
- Guide to Roman Chair Sit Ups [3 Most Powerful Exercises] - January 9, 2018
- Best Total Gym Workout Routine [Chest, Legs, Core and Back] - December 16, 2017